Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Glynn Democrats Newsletter

E-MAIL NEWSLETTER
July 2007

Time for the monthly reminder of meetings:

The regular monthly meeting of the Glynn County Democratic Party will be held on Monday, July 16 at 7:00 PM at St. William’s Catholic Church, 2300 Frederica Road on St. Simons Island.

Loyal, Committed Democrats continue to meet and work on the issues which are important to us. At the last meeting, local objectives and principals were discussed as well as receiving the overview of the African American Preservation Society’s quest to save the Selden Park gym. Our Chair continues to be impassionate about mental health issues. Vice-Chair, Tom
Mullen apprised the group about Federal Employee Free Choice Act before Congress now.

Also, on Saturday morning, July 21, at 9:00 AM the Glynn County Democrats will meet for BREAKFAST. The Breakfast will be at Ryan’s Steakhouse on Scranton Road in Brunswick. The Speaker will be Woody Woodside of the local Chamber of Commerce.

In other good news, more progressive individuals are writing letters to the editor of the Brunswick News. Very interesting reading lately. Keep thinking those thoughts and putting them on paper…or whatever you write them on.

The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee met its million dollar challenge to continue to work toward more of a majority in Congress next election. (dccc@dccc.org)

The Democratic National Committee will be hosting the 2007 Democratic Reunions on July 28 with an emphasis on a cleaner environment. Something we can all endorse. If you want to host a party see the DNC site or email them at democraticparty@democrats.org and sign on.

The Georgia Presidential Primary has been moved up to February 5. Six months away.

Take care.
Audrey Stewart, E-Newsletter



(This newsletter is authorized by the Glynn County Democratic Party, P.O. Box 776, Brunswick, Georgia. Phone 912-634-1774. Jim Norris, Chair; Tom Mullen, Vice, Chair; Joan Anderson Ross, Secretary. Not authorized by any candidate or campaign committee.)


Note from Kelly: I teach Monday nights, so I've had to miss these meetings this summer. I encourage others to attend, though. I have tended to skip the Brunswick News, but I'm going to have to start reading it, obviously. My goal today is to read the paper tonight and send them an email to the editor before I go to bed. I'll probably do this while Cat Deeley blathers on in between the dancing on SYTYCD.

Update: read the paper, but wasn't really inspired to write a letter. I really want letters I write to be in response to something I read in their paper (I also might be inspired by a lack of coverage). If I'm not inspired by Saturday, I'm writing a letter anyway!

No comments: