Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Congratulations to Jim Martin, Gail Buckner, Hank Johnson, and others

Well, I've taken my "Give 'Em Hecht" bumper sticker off my car and thrown away all the spares I was saving for after the primary. Honestly, I'm just glad the whole business is over, and we can get down to the business of winning the general election. Of course, Hank Johnson may have to deal with legal proceedings from the McKinney camp . . .
My political world is getting a little smaller this weekend, when we finally get a visit from my Uncle Jimmy. He is Mayor James Naugle of Fort Lauderdale. He's a democrat, but sometimes I wonder, considering his close relationship with Jeb Bush and numerous invitations to the Bush White House. I'm anxious to pick his brain about all kinds of political topics in the short time he's here. I'll be sure to report back, including a family photo as verification : )

No comments: