Monday, August 07, 2006

Yee Haw Y'all

Well, I'm back from Music City, USA. I had planned on blogging from the hotel, but my laptop is useless, and the hotel lobby computer wasn't much better. We had a lot of fun. It was good to be back in the land of orange and white. We were attending a music conference called Live On Stage, and were privileged to see and hear two days of showcases featuring some outstanding performers. I especially liked the Polyjesters from Canada and The Jeni Fleming Trio from Montana. We also did some shopping at the enormous Opry Mills mall, which is a hybrid of an outlet mall and a regular mall. It has a 3D Imax theatre, so we got to see Superman Returns in all its three-dimensional enormity. Something I didn't notice when I saw it on the regular screen: Lois' son is wearing Aquaman pyjamas in the final scene. Cool.

No comments: